Friday, 24 February 2017

'A women who doesn't wear perfume has no future’ - Coco Chanel



After working in a beauty store back in Norway as a part-time sales assistant, I accumulated at least 50 different perfumes over those two years. Being overly excited about the perfumes I had gotten through tutorials, perfume courses and new launches, I thought I would make an effort and actually learn more about how perfumes were made and what tones made them smell in a particular and unique way. Not only to offer my costumers a better palate and selection, as well as being interested in knowing the science behind each fragrance. Four years and 50 different bottles of perfume later I, managed to find the ‘one’s’. A selection of four perfumes and eu de toilette for every occasion, mood and season. My little collection are made up of D&G 3L’IMPERATRICE, Marc Jacobs Decadence, and Daisy Dream, Chanel's Coco Noir and Black Opion by YSL. Each one being as adored as one another, but never compared. Why is that you say? Well, I believe that fragrances and like personality and moods. Depending on what mood I will always choose the fragrance that suits my mood that they the best. 'But isn’t five fragrances enough to cover your moods and emotion?’ If you think about Ekman and his study on emotions, there are actually six of them, so there is a fragrance missing. Having said that, my choice doesn’t only depend on my mood, but also what time of the year it is. Heavier and more rich fragrances for fall and winter time, while a more floral and fresh on for the summer times. So let me introduce you to my collection.


D&G 3L’IMPERATRICE EDT 100ml - £43
Top notes: Rhubarb, Red Currant, Juicy Kiwi Accord
Heart notes: Pink Cyclamen, Fresh Watermelon Accord
Base notes: Musky Notes, Sandalwood, Grapefruit Wood


This has got to be my favourite fragrance of all time and the only one I keep repurchase.  My everyday go-to fragrance as it’s feminine, fresh and light. Nonetheless, the good this about this fragrance is also the price. It’s either on sale if not £43 for a 100ml bottle to me is  definitely a bargain. 

Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence EDT 30/50/100ml - £49/64/100
Top notes: Champagne, Orange Blossom, Bergamot
Heart notes: Gardenia, Hydrangea Accord, Honeysuckle, Iris
Base notes: Saffron, Vanilla, Liquid Amber

After being intrigued by the fact that it looks like a small purse, I decided not to fall into the trap of buying it because of its looks. But when Christmas came around, my mum was sweet and surprised me with a 50ml bottle of this fragrance. I must admit that it is an unusual scent as I have never smelled a fragrance even similar to this one. But during the winter, this has become my everyday fragrance if I am not using my D&G. 

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream EDT 30/50/100ml - £42/55/78
Top Notes: Blackberry, Grapefruit, Pear
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Lychee, Blue Wisteria
Base Notes: White Woods, Musks, Coconut Water

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy. One of my favourite names and summer fragrance due to it being quiet light, floral and quite fruity. After receiving this through work, I definitely fell quickly in love with it and believe to be the best one out of Marc Jacobs Daisy range. 

Chanel Coco Noir 50/100ml - £79/112
Top Notes: Grapefruit, Calabrian bergamot.
Heart Notes: Rose, Narcissus, Rose Geranium Leaf, Jasmine
Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Patchouli, White Musk

It is never a hit and miss with Chanel. I usually don’t tend to go for such a heavy fragrance as it always ends up with me getting a migraine (yes, that is actually possible). BUT,  after being part of a Chanel course where this was presented for us to smell, I completely fell in love with it. For me it is not a every day eu du perfume spray, but whenever I have a night out, this is a must!

YSL Black Opium EDP 30/50/90ml - £50/65/87
Top Notes: Black Coffee
Heart notes: White Florals 
Base notes: Vanilla

After ads for this fragrance was everywhere I looked, I could not be asked to buy a scent everyone around would also have. However, after my mum decided to buy me this as a gift, I was in hooked. This quickly became my second daily fragrance and constantly to be find in my makeup bag. It’s light, fresh and sweet. I don’t usually tend to go for sweet, almost candy scent, but was just the perfect combination I have smelled so far. Not to sweet but not to floral either. 


TIPS: When trying to buy a new scent, make always sure to try it on your skin before you commit to it. As fragrances smell different depending on the individual. So what my smell wonderful on someone else’s skin, might not smell all as nice on yours. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig