Monday, 15 May 2017

A Touch of YSL

Leading up to my trip to Paris this upcoming weekend and looking through my makeup draw, I remember when I first started working within beauty at the age of 17 and had no clue what all of these beauty brands were all about and why people would spend so much money on them. But what I do remember is the first time I had to open our small boutique shop all by myself, and while I was removing dust from around the displays, the YSL counter stood out to me. Its eye drawing golden packaging and sleek design all glamorous, intrigued me to know more about the story behind the brand. A couple of weeks went by when a representative from YSL beauty came to our store and told us more about the products and how Yves Saint Lauren himself was an inspiration within the fashion and beauty world, leaving behind a strong legacy for designer and artists to come. Telling us how Saint Lauren become one of the first designers to create a bright pink lipstick (Rouge Pur Couture 19  Fuchsia Pink) which was a very unusual at that time, as well as launching the controversial fragrance called Opium in 1977. Something that I admired, as we all know how hard it is to stand out in a crowd of sheep. It being one of the reasons for it being one of my favourite brands, as there is more to it than the golden packing and a range of colours. There is a story to be told, and it is a story I am willing to wear. 

Now understanding why someone would spend £19 on a single nail polish or £25 on a Touche Eclat. Because it is the quality and the feeling you get of using products that you know will give you what you need. Whether its glow, light of full coverage, radiance, or an extra feminine touch with Black Opium, YSL never seems to disappoint. I am aware they have their flaws and every brand does, but I personally believe that their dedication to each product outweighs their flaws. Black Opium being one of my favourite fragrances I own, in addition to their bold and colourful nail polishes, as well as their creamy lipsticks that I always carry with me on a night out. 

But why? Not solely because I like the products themselves, but because there is an actual range of products that suit my skin tone, something which is hard to come across when looking at high-end products. Although they still have a few steps to take to reach a wider audience, the fact that there are 10 different light shades and 2 dark shade,  makes me appreciate the brand even more. But this is just my personal opinion that I wanted to put out there x

What is your favourite high-end brand or products? x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig