Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Current Night Time Routine


 I tend to be quite rigorous when it comes to my skincare cleansing routine as I suffer from mild acne and hyperpigmentation as a result. So that is why I choose my skin care products quite carefully making sure that my skin will respond to them as they should, without there being any irritation or there being opposite results to what I am trying to achieve and keep it at bay. After trying and experimenting with various products from the age of 14 until now, I can say that my current skin cleansing routine is the one that has made the most positive impact on my overall skin appearance so far. My routine including the products above - Garnier's Micellar water, Oil balancing exfoliating wash from Simple,  Garnier's' Anti-blemish clarifying toner, and Clinique's anti-blemish clearing gel. Not only do they work amazingly together, but they are also budget friendly which is a big plus. Because in the end of the day a £100 compared to a £5 product might be equally worth it depending on what works for your skin, as I believe you don't have to spend your life savings to achieve the desired skin goals. But let us get into why these products work and are worth the try!

1 Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (£1.99) - I have for a very long time being quite skeptical towards the micellar water as I did not understand how 'water' would remove my makeup successfully, and it took me almost two years before I picked an 'on-the-go' bottle and tried it. Dipped it in a cotton pad, swiped it a few times across my face and was surprised over how easy it removed my makeup without much effort. Quickly becoming part of my night time routine for removing my makeup before moving on to the next step. However, although I think this is an amazing product and is a must in my skincare routine, I now rarely use it to remove all my makeup and I think I probably use around 5-6 cotton pads to do so. Using it only for removing my eye makeup - brows, mascara, eyeshadow, whereas for my whole face I tend to use the Garnier SkinActive Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Wipes which I find it to be quicker at removing my makeup while leaving my skin feeling moisturised.

2 Simple Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash (£4.39) - As I managed to forget my Garnier anti-blemish soap free gel back in Oslo, I decided to give this product a go. As I usually use my Clarisonic every day, it is important for me to have a cleaning product that goes well with it, without leaving my skin feeling dry and irritated. At first, I found it quite hard to massage my face with the Clarisonic and this product, taking more time for it to lather up into a soapy cleansing wash. However, after giving it a few more goes and making sure my skin was wet, it did indeed make a difference! The one thing I noticed was that although it's supposed to be oil balancing, it did not leave my skin feeling dry even though I used it together with my Clarisonic brush. Instead, it left my skin feeling fresh and smooth! The one thing I will say is that, if you are buying this product because of its exfoliating components, then you are better off being a product like St Ives Apricot Scrub which is absolutely amazing! As the this 'Simple' one did not have any exfoliating beads, failing to exfoliate my skin whatsoever, but if you are on the sensitive side, it might be worth the try.

3 Garnier PureActive Sensitive Anti-Blemish Clarifying Tonic (£4.99) - Do I like? Do I not like? This is how I felt when I first started using this product. I have always used the Clinique clarifying tonic and loved the fact that it 'stung' when I used it with a cotton pad on myself, because for some reason, when you have blemish prone skin, everything that seems to sting equals 'this is definitely working' - at least that is how I think. So when I started used this toner from Garnier I didn't really know what to think of it as it didn't seem to do anything. But after a month of using it and actually paying attention to my skin's overall appearance, I could see how it help my skin keep at bay minimising the appearance of my pores which is one of my main 'problems'. Is it worth it? I personally think using either a tonic is a must in your skin care routine as it helps remove any residue from left on your skin from makeup or any impurities.

4 Clinique Anti-Blemish Clearing Gel (£21) - This is my favourite products all times and probably one of the most repurchased! Although I don't suffer from severe acne, I can't say that I have ever had my skin totally spot free. There is always 1-5 spots on my face,  something I have learned to live with and this is where this fabulous product comes in handy. Whenever I feel I spot wanting to say hello to the world, I just dot it on my face and leave overnight. Next day, it's either completely gone or on its way out. This product has saved my skin so many times and I love it! I know several other brands have it for example, Origins, Benefit, or Boots own brand for a great price. 



5 Tony Moly Sheet Mask (£13.88) - I cannot tell you how much I love masks! I am obsessed with them and have a quite big variety of masks that I tend to use one or twice a week. The one thing I like about sheet masks, in particular, is how easy they are to put on and remove, without the need to wash off or anything. So when I came across these tony moly sheet masks on amazon I had to order them, getting 11 MASK FOR £13.88! I haven't tried them all yet, but the ones I have tried (skin purifying and skin purity) have left my skin feeling so moisturised and dewy looking, and that is all I want for a mask to do. Applying it usually after my night time routine when my skin is  ready and prepped for the next step - ready to infuse all the nurishinsg ingredients!

What are your favourite products to use? x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig