Tuesday, 2 May 2017

The Contrary of Ordinary


Wandering around Fenwick Bond Street trying to look for something to spend my £9 voucher on I was not expecting to find anything to the equivalent price. To my surprise, I found a whole section of The Ordinary products nicely presented but without it drawing it too much attention. For someone who has a hard time changing up their skincare routine in fear of failure, I was a bit apprehensive to try this new skincare range. But after hearing several youtubers and beauty bloggers raving about The Ordinary by Deciem, I thought I would give it a go. What surprised me the most was the fact that I got two products for £9.90, and only paying 50p because of my voucher. But was a £5 product really going to change my skin for the better? The answer is yes. After trying these two products for a couple of weeks I could see my skin improving in appearance - my breakouts were close to being nonexistent and my hyperpigmentation spots were now lighter. It surprised me because these have always been my two main skin concerns since the age of 15, and after trying both high end and drugstore products, their effectiveness always seemed to reach a certain point before they were no longer the preferred option. So let us talk about the products and why you should be on the look out for these. 

Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% (30ml / £4.90)

Being a bit clueless of what products to pick up from the range the lovely sales assistant at Fenwick Bond Street advised me that Vitamin C works to improve the appearance of dark sport (hyperpigmentation) in addition to being anti-inflammatory. Since that was exactly what I was looking for I didn't hesitate to pick the Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% and added to my basket. There is no information as to how often you should be using this product, other than it being recommended to using during the evening. But as after reading on their website that this particular product could have 'a very strong tingling but non-irritating sensation in the 1-2 weeks of use' I thought I would start off by using it 3 days a week. Something I definitely noticed while applying to my skin, and although it did not irritate my skin (to my surprise) my skin felt like it was on fire. But the good this was that the 'tingling' sensation did not last for long. The second thing I noticed was the consistency which I am still unsure if I like. As its silicon, alcohol, water, and oil-free, its consistency felt quite rough against the skin. Finding myself applying the product quickly before it being absorbed into my skin, because it not, the product would rub off instead if not massaging it into my skin immediately. Is it worth it? For someone who has struggled with hyperpigmentation and being a student on a budget, this product is definitely worth a try. Using this product and the GlamGlow Flashmud mask as worked wonders, making me feel much better about my skin! PS: make sure to use sunscreen while using this product, as it can have the opposite effect if your target is to dimish and improve your hyperpigmentation. Also, if you have sensitive skin a helpful tip would be to blend this product together with you preferred serum or moisturiser! 

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% (20ml / £5)
After talking to the sales assistant about my concerns, she advised me to get this product instead of the salycid acid as she said that even though it is used to the combat blemished, it can sometimes have the opposite effect, peeling your skin off due to its high concentration. Something I found to be true when I used to use salycid acid and found my skin to be peeling off and leaving it dry for two weeks, as it had increased my skin's sensitivity, and I am someone who has a kind of skin who tolerates quite a bit. So, instead I picked up the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, it now being my holy grain and my skins life saver! According to The Ordinary this particular product is 'indicated to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion', and that is exactly what it does. Unlike the vitamin c suspension cream, it does not have a tingling sensation, making it possible to use both day and night before applying any additional creams. This product has with It has worked wonders for my skin, keeping my blemishes in tact. So if you are on the lookout for something affordable, effective, and mild, this might be worth trying. PS: again make sure to use sunscreen while using this product as well! 

Would I recommend The Ordinary, the answer is a big YES! Not only is it effective and affordable, but it's also vegan and cruelty-free. The best part being that it is a skin care range that your can tailor based on your own skin concerns. 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ah I love the sounds of these, I really want to up my skincare game and these could be perfect! You have a lovely blog here by the way, well done you.. I know how much hard works goes into a blog like this! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! The price is quite appealing, and if it works than its a big plus!
      Thank you so much Adele, that means a lot to me xx

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig